- This Privacy Statement has been developed with reference to The Australian Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 and The Australian Privacy Regulation 2013
What personal information we collect
- In order to register on one of the SmarterMaths websites, each Registrant must be over 13 years of age, and give their consent at the time of registration to provide us with their name and their email address. Registrants may in addition, where applicable, be asked for the secondary school with which they are associated.
- Registrants who do not give this consent cannot provide us with their personal information cannot use the Site.
- We require this information in order to correctly identify each Registrant as a Site user, manage their account and for certain other purposes detailed below.
What we will do with your information
The information collected from Registrants is used for the following purposes:
- to send a confirmation notice to the Registrant of the registration;
- upon the Registrant’s request, to reset a password for a lost or forgotten password;
- to respond to any questions, concerns or problems raised by the Registrant;
- to contact the Registrant about any problems with the Registrant’s account or conduct on the Site;
- to send out SmarterMaths physical brochures, emails, or other communications about the Site and our services;
In all electronic communications, Registrants may opt out at any time by following the specific opt out instructions within the communications that we send.
What we will not do with your personal information
M2 Mathematics Pty Ltd will keep your personal information confidential and not sell your information to any external third parties, unless:
- we are required to share your information with a third party in order to comply with law or to comply with a court order or subpoena;
- to enforce our website or event rules; or
- to protect the safety and security of our Registrants and our Site.
Generally we will only use your information within M2 Mathematics Pty Ltd. However, sometimes we provide data (typically aggregated) on results to schools or school representatives. We will require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and we will require that they do not have access to your personal information and not use the data for commercial purposes.
How we process your information
Our use of the personal information we collect is necessary in order for us to maintain the Site and facilitate Registrants’ use of the Site. We do not collect any unnecessary personal data from Registrants (for instance, their race or religious beliefs).
How long we hold your information
We will keep any personal information we collect from Registrants for as long as they are registered users of the Site. If a Registrant cancels their registration or it otherwise lapses after 3 years of not using the Site, we will only keep their personal information for the purposes of sending the Registrant information regarding M2 Mathematics Pty Ltd other products and services if they agree to receive this information. Personal information is otherwise deleted or destroyed.
Keeping your personal information secure
M2 Mathematics Pty Ltd is committed to information security. We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep Registrants’ personal information in a secure environment. However, security cannot be guaranteed 100% due to the nature of the internet.
M2 Mathematics Pty Ltd security measures are designed to assist in Registrants’ personal information not being accessed by unauthorised personnel, lost or misused. If you reasonably believe that there has been an unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive if this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts – which is extremely rare. Such cookies typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected without your consent.
In addition to personal information and results data, M2 Mathematics Pty Ltd also collects anonymous information about Registrants and the activities of Registrants on the Site. Anonymous information is information that is not linked to the name of a user. This information is used to assist us in enhancing the learning resources and the information remains anonymous at all times.
When agreeing to the Site Terms and Conditions, Registrants grant M2 Mathematics Pty Ltd the right to use this anonymous information for its own purposes, such as the preparation of statistical reports, provided M2 Mathematics Pty Ltd otherwise complies with its obligations in respect of the use of personal information.
We use Google Analytics’ 3rd-party audience data such as age, gender and interests to better understanding the behavior of our customers and work with companies that collect information about your online activities to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences. For example, you may see certain ads on this website or other websites because we contract with Google and other similar companies to target our ads based on information we or they have collected, including information that was collected through automated means (such as cookies and web beacons). These companies also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
Transfer of your data
Registrants’ personal information is uploaded to and kept on servers that we maintain or that are maintained by third parties hardware and software hosting services. These services may be located in Australia, Australasia, or the United States of America, and our third parties are vetted via, and must comply with, strict privacy and data security obligations. Registrants must consent for their personal information to be transferred and stored in this manner at the time of registration.
More Privacy Information
For more information on privacy legislation and guidelines in Australia, please refer to http://www.privacy.gov.au